February 27, 2009

Finally...success!

22709j

I know that's an odd angle, but it was my best photo of the yarn and stitch pattern. I managed to put together a pattern that I liked for the pretty Franz Wollmeise yarn. There is a larger stitch pattern that runs up the center of the front and back of the sock. On each side of that, there is a smaller stitch pattern that sort of mimics the bigger one. I'm pretty happy with this and I'll probably write this one up soon.

22709iI had to mess around with the stitch count while knitting this pair. I was afraid that the lace would make the sock too loose, so I altered the stitch count in some places. Luckily, there are purls that can be purled together here and there.

After knitting these socks, I learned something from my camera. I have a Canon xsi (digital rebel). When I first got it, I was worried about not having a swivel lcd. That's how I used to take most of my sock photos --myself. With the xsi, I learned that I can take photos with the lcd on. It's not the same as the swivel screen, but I can get a better idea of whether my whole foot is in the shot or not. ;-)

Pair #32 in the 52 Pair Plunge II
Pattern: Swarm by me
Yarn: Wollmeise 100% sockenwolle in Franz
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, 2 at once, toe-up with Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Notes: stitch count changed to accommodate pattern and fit
Start: February 23, 2009
Finish: February 26, 2009

I've already scribbled another design out on graph paper. I need to dig through my yarn to see guess which one will look the best with the stitch pattern. The socks below are mini-socks to fit my daughter. I knit these with the idea of releasing those patterns soon. I have Fallin Ribbons (the upper sock) ready to go. Cables and Corsets is giving me a headache. The heel is just complicated and I can't figure out a non-wordy way to explain it in the pattern. These are #29 and #30 for the 52 Pair Plunge.

I'm still knitting away on socks for the 52 Pair Plunge. I think that I'll make it. 20 more to go! When phrased that way, it sounds like a lot. I do have three pairs of socks that are half completed, so I am a little closer.

22709a

22709f

3 comments:

Walden said...

That sock pattern is absolutely stunning in that color way. I am usually not a fan of multi-colored yarn in patterns, but that works better than any solid would.

gilraen said...

I agree!! Stunning pattern and the Wollmeise yarn is gorgeous in it :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - love the pattern and the Wollmeise is amazing!