March 27, 2009

Out with the old

32709aThis sock has been in progress for a looong time. If you look into my old posts, you can see that most pairs of socks take me less than a week to knit. These socks have been on the needles since last Thanksgiving. haha! I just haven't been in a plain stockinette mood. Lately, most of the socks that I've been knitting in my size are my own designs and are chart intensive. I was looking at my 52 Pair Plunge numbers and thought it would help if I finished the socks that were in progress. I'm up to #40 now. Phew, still 12 more to go and only about 2 months to do it. It's totally doable, but that's only if I don't get distracted.

Details:
Pair #39 for the 52 Pair Plunge II
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Martinique
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
method: magic loop, 1 at a time, plain stockinette, short row heel, 1x1 ribbing
Start: November 2008
Finish: March 25, 2009

32409c 32409b

Here are two pairs of socks that I knit for my little guy. He's 5 and has the smallest feet in the family. I owe him a few pairs after knitting 5 pairs for his sister. She should be set for a while and now it's time to knit some for him. The striped pair were knit with Elann's Sock It To Me yarn. I got those socks out of one 50gm skein! I like knitting for little feet. The green and red socks have been named "hurt lizard" and were knit from Yarni Girl sock yarn.

My little guy is very happy with his new socks. He likes the striping ones better, but I think that I need to make them match next time. When taking pictures, he tried lining up his feet to make the stripes match across both feet. They don't. I knit with either end of the skein and the stripes go in opposite directions.

Pair # 38 in 52 Pair Plunge II
Yarn: Elann-Sock It To Me # 714 (50gms)
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, toe-up with Turkish cast-on, 2 at once, plain stockinette, short row heel, 2x2 ribbing
Notes: 54 total stitches for foot and leg, 52 total stitches for ribbing
Start: March 20, 2009
Finish: March 23, 2009

Pair #37 for the 52 Pair Plunge II
Yarn: Yarni Girl (can't remember colorway) (40 gms)
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, toe-up, Turkish cast-on, 2x2 ribbing, short row heel
Start: March 16, 2009
Finish: March 18, 2009

And another very old project has now been finished!! It's my Snowflakes in Cedarwoods blanket. I'm very excited about this one. I had all sorts of problems with this project--mostly running out of yarn or motivation. It's finished! This is what it looks like unwashed and unblocked. The camel and cashmere yarn is from Colourmart and is oiled, so the blanket had to be thoroughly washed----in hot water---with lots of shampoo. Eek. I'm always nervous throwing my hand knits into the washer with hot water, but the blanket survived and looks beautiful! I'll get the pretty pictures taken soon after it dries.

32709d


Back to sock knitting...

1 comment:

Heather said...

That blanket is gorgeous!! Wow...you amaze me.