October 5, 2007

Dancer's wrap complete, now it's shawl time

10407cDoesn't she look thrilled? ;-) It was rather warm outside and I don't think the wool sweater was comfortable. E does like it and wants to wear it. She just needs to wait for actual fall weather to get here. I made the matching legwarmers that are also in the book Not Just For Socks for Kids. E likes them, but insists on pulling them up over her knees. I can see knee high socks in her future, if I only have the patience to knit socks that long. The Dancer's Wrap pattern was easy and a very quick knit. The yarn was scratchy, but does feel better after a Eucalan bath. E doesn't seem to think it's scratchy and she's been wearing the leg warmers before they got their bath.

10407bPardon the clashing colors. We just wanted to get pictures and didn't feel like dressing for a full on photo shoot. :-P At least we can see the leg warmers and sweater together. I'm thinking that leg warmers are the way to go for E. They will probably last far longer than socks would. If she had socks on in the picture, you would barely even tell that the leg warmers are separate. They're quite snug, since they're basically 2x2 ribbing in a tube with no shaping.

The sweater was made in the 6-8 size. E is around a 6 in store bought clothing, but I wanted the sweater to last this winter and next. She has the sleeves rolled up twice in these pictures.

Details:
Pattern: Dancer's Wrap
Size: 6-8
Needles: size 3 (3.25mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular for main portion, size 2 (2.75mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular for collar ribbing
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel 5030 (2.1 balls of yarn)
Start: September 22, 2007
Finish: September 29, 2007

Pattern: Leg Warmers
size: big kid (that's what it says in the book)
Needles: size 2 (2.75mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Yarn: Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel 5030 (maybe half of one ball)
Start: September 29, 2007
Finish: October 2, 2007

10407g

Now it is shawl time! I've been itching to knit some sort of lace all summer. The picture above is the first clue of the Secret of Chrysopolis. It's a mystery knit and mystery knit and most of the participants speak German. It is awkward being in a group that doesn't speak much English, but it is nice to see the world from the other side. I've lived in Germany before, so I know what it's like to be in a place where everyone doesn't speak my language. For this shawl, I just skim the postings and try to pick out a few words here and there. And if there are numbers, I try to decipher that post. So far, so good. The shawl is in charts and it looks like a beautiful design so far. The next clue just came out today. I've already printed it out and taped it together. Now, I just need to find time...

But there is also the Secret of the Stole. It's another mystery knit along. The first clue just came out today too. That one is also printed and taped together waiting for some free time. This one has a few beads in it and I always find those fun.

I'm still knitting socks.....Yes, it's true. You would think that I would be sick of socks by now, but I need to have a plain knitting project to work on during E's lessons. I've been working on little socks for D out of leftover yarns. He's thrilled. It's so cute seeing how much he likes the hand knit socks. They are so fast to knit and don't even take 50 gms of yarn.

Now, I get to knit a few minutes before we start the lessons of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, that shawl is beautiful - it's a shame that it looks like they're not accepting any new members. I don't have time to start that shawl right now anyway, so I'll have to live vicariously through yours :)

Anonymous said...

Awe, E looks so cute with her knee high leg warmers. I love the expressions on kids' faces - they can't hide anything. ;)

And mad props to you participating in a German project. I know exactly how hard it is to just get by in a foreign language, much less be productive with it.