August 11, 2006

Home stretch of Mystery Stole 2

I've been knitting as fast as I can and as much as I can. I really want to finish the Mystery Stole and get back to my beading project. It is coming along great. I've completely finished one side with the border. I like the knitted on border. I also like how there is no sewing, kitchnering, picking up stitches, etc with this shawl. I'm now working on chart 6 of the second side. I like how it's turning out. I can't wait to block it to see how the pattern shows up all together.

I've knitted around 25 rows of my beaded project in it's official yarn. No more ugly bright yellow test yarn. I'm using the new Gloss yarn from Knitpicks in the dusk color. Can you tell that I like that place? It's evil whenever they come out with new yarn. (I would be in trouble if they ever get 100% silk yarn.) I like the effect of the pattern I picked and the beads. The bead placement with a crochet hook is slow, but I'm getting into a rhythm and getting faster.

No comments: