December 15, 2006

Turning into a blanket

I'm afraid that my entrelac shawl is turning into a small blanket. I'm now on the 9th ball of yarn out of 10 and it looks huge. That's what I want though. I wanted something larger and warmer than my lace stoles. I think this will be exactly what I want it to be. I'm almost done!! It takes me a little more than a day to knit one ball of yarn, so I might be done sometime this weekend. I can't wait for this one to be finished. I've told myself that I won't start any more socks until this shawl or the lace shawl is finished.

I'm in the planning stages of two quilts. They will not be identical, but will coordinate. This will take a while with sketches and test blocks. I don't know when I'll be able to actually do the sewing, but that's what I'm planning for now. I really enjoyed making my other quilts. I do have one unfinished quilt in the closet. That one is so big that it requires hand quilting and that is going to take a long time. The quilts for my kids will be smaller and hopefully, they will be small enough to machine quilt.

No comments: