April 30, 2007

Completed happy socks

42807aThe very loud socks are done! These were knit with my very basic sock pattern. I like using a Turkish cast-on and a short-row heel. I usually make the leg a little bit longer, but E requested some socks out of the left overs. I stopped sooner, so there will be plenty of socks for her little feet. Details:
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in 502 Sassy Stripe
Needles: Size 0 40" Addi Turbo
Start: April 25, 2007
Finish: April 27, 2007

42707aI've had these socks on the needles for a while now. They were my on-the-go socks. I took this photo when I finished the other socks, but now this pair is complete too. I'll get another picture of it soon. It was strange knitting this yarn after the Lorna's. The cotton blend is stiffer, not as giving, and not as smooth feeling. These socks are for my Mom. She thinks all wool socks are too hot and rarely wears the other socks that I've given to her. We'll see how she likes this cotton blend.

I've seen a knit-a-long out there in blogland for 52 socks in a year and then another one for 12 socks in a year. I haven't signed up for either one because I'm somewhere in between. I doubt that I can get 52 pairs in a year, unless they were for E and D's little feet. I definitely get more than 12 pairs though. I plan on counting how many I can get in one year, without trying to wreck my hands. So far this year, I've finished:

  • 12 pairs of socks
  • 1 adult sweater
  • 1 toddler sweater vest
  • 3 shawls
  • 1 scarf
  • 1 balaclava
  • various little knits
A few things are not under my 2007 flickr tag. I need to get some photos of those to make that tag complete. If I stay at this pace, I can get approximately 48 pairs of socks done. I don't think I want to knit that many. We'll see. What's up next? I'm digging through my lace yarns again. It takes me a while to match up a yarn to a pattern. There will be another pair of socks started. I'm waiting a bit to start those since I have some yarn coming from The Loopy Ewe. It's decision time again.

No comments: