May 2, 2007

Spring is closing in on us

As I look out the windows, I can see less and less. The trees are starting to fill in and the dandelions are everywhere. Pollen is driving my allergies crazy. Carpenter bees are trying to attack our house. And ticks are found on everyone. Yuck! But it is so green and so beautiful outside. I just need to ignore the bugs and pollen as much as I can. Another sign that spring is here is D waking me up at 6:30am every morning. He's an early riser and unfortunately, I'm not. Birds are building nests around our house. But some of our regulars aren't here. The hawks, cardinals, and bluebirds didn't build near the house this year. I think this is because we were outside much more and probably scared them away.

5207e 5207g

Back to knitting, I've finished two pairs of socks. One pair is out of the Regia yarn for my Mom that I mentioned in the last post. The other pair is out of the left over Lorna's Laces for E. Details for Mom's and E's socks:

Yarn: Regia Surf 5411
Needles: size 0 Knitpicks classic circular
Pattern: my plain sock pattern
Start: ? didn't write it down
Finish: April 30, 2007

Pink and Yellow socks for E
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Sassy Stripe
Needle: size 0 addi turbo
Pattern: my plain sock pattern
Start: April 29, 2007
Finish: May 1, 2007

5207aThis is what I'm working on now. This sock yarn is Bougainvillea from Perchance to Knit. I bought this from The Loopy Ewe. Well, I didn't directly buy this one there. There was a major shopping frenzy going on when I ordered it and the system let me order a yarn that wasn't there anymore. Sheri gave me several options and I chose this one. I'm glad I did. The colors are so pretty.

5207bI decided against doing my plain stockinette sock and wanted to do something patterned. Well, it's not easy picking out a pattern for sock yarn as colorful as this one. I picked the stansfield 304 pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks. I've only done two repeats of it in this photo. I think it looks much better when stretched out on a foot. Back to knitting...

No comments: