June 21, 2007

And we're off, Summer of Socks begins

It's the start of Summer of Socks. I started two socks today. I didn't take in progress pictures because that would be wasting time. hahaha! I am entering the most socks contest, but we'll see how I feel about that after the 5th sock or so. I expect to feel burn out at some point during the next three months. My main goal is to focus on socks and just to see how many I can do. I also want to try more stitch patterns for variegated sock yarn. Those are so much more enjoyable to do and they seem to go faster than plain stockinette socks.

61307n 61307c

Speaking of stockinette socks, my first sock is just plain stockinette. Stockinette socks seem to take forever with fingering weight yarns, but are much more bearable with sport weight. Up first is Lorna's Laces Sport in Camouflage for Dwight. The red yarn will by my next pair. That yarn is All Things Heather in Dorothy. I plan on doing some kind of stitch pattern on those socks. I've started and finished the toe section of those, so they're ready to go as soon as I decide on a pattern or when I finish the camo socks.

Progress so far...started toe-up and I just finished the heels of the camo socks. And I have the toe section of the red socks done also. Both socks are done two at once, magic loop, and toe up.

2 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Wow! It sounds like you have a good start. Those yarns are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wow excellent start! I'll be rooting for you in the most socks category! Are you exclusively knitting socks this summer? My problem is that I have a long list of non-sock knits that I'm dying to work as well. Classic case of "my eyes are bigger than my stomach" kind of mentality. ;)