June 27, 2007

SOS #3 done

62707cHere's my third pair for summer of socks. I am working on the sKNITches pair that I mentioned in my last post, but I felt a need to make these. These have a deadline. I'm making them for....someone. Someone that might read this, so I'm not going to mention them. It's a new someone that I haven't made socks for yet and I'm worried about fit. They fit me and I think her feet are similar to mine. We'll see soon. I know that she'll like the color. She lives in a warm-ish place, so that led me to do an open pattern and ankle length. All I've seen her wear are ankle socks. I really like this stitch pattern. It's from the Sensational Knitted Socks. It's called Oblique Openwork. I worked this over 64 stitches and was afraid that it might be too loose since this stitch really opens up.

62707aDetails:
Yarn: Regia 5372 (maroon - ish)
Needles: size 0 (2.0mm) Addi Turbo
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe up with Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Pattern: Oblique Openwork (p. 55) from Sensational Knitted Socks
Start: June 25, 2007
Finish: June 26, 2007

Now, I am back to working on the sKNITches yarn. It's in the Showgirl colorway. Very pink and girly. I think that I picked out a stitch pattern that is girly enough for the yarn. Back to knitting...

4 comments:

bookgrump said...

Those are awesome! I didn't even give them a second look in the book, but now I want to knit them!

Anonymous said...

Another pair? You're so gonna win. And each are gorgeous. Amazing.

Anonymous said...

Wow - another pair! Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

You are a racer, I have just finished one pair + one sock. All your socks are beautiful.