June 29, 2007

SOS #4 done

62907cWhat is this? Another pair...already? Yes, the sKNITches socks are done. I had fun knitting these socks. I like the Showgirl color with the pink, yellow, and black sections. One sock decided not to spiral while the other one spiraled the whole way. It doesn't bother me as I tend to like socks that don't match. I used to be obsessive about making the stripes match on self striping yarns. Now, I think it's a lot more fun when they don't match. There is one thing that I was not happy with on these socks and that's the cuff and bind off area. Ick! I've tried a garter cuff before and thought to give it another chance. Well, I won't be using it again. It's just too loose. I'm planning on leaving it on these, as a reminder to myself on why I don't like that cuff. ;-) The pattern is very similar to the feather and fan pattern you can find many places on the internet. The one I'm used to only uses k2tog decreases. This one has decreases going in both directions towards a central stitch. I like it and will probably use it again. But next time, I may just leave out the all purl rows.

62907bDetails for SOS #4
Yarn: sKNITches bebop sock in Showgirl
Needles: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks classic circular
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe up using turkish cast-on
Pattern: Crest of the Wave (p. 101) in More Sensational Knitted Socks
Changes: added a knit all row after the second purl row, omitted the first knit all row
Start: June 25, 2007
Finished: June 29, 2007

What's next? I don't know. Dwight has all of next week off and has a lot of adventures planned. We'll see how much knitting time I'll have. I do have some yummy yarns lined up and ready to go. I've also swatched for Melanie's Mystery Shawl #3. I got the pattern this morning, but haven't started it yet. I'm still trying to decide on which bead to use. I'm itching to knit some lace, so I will most likely cast-on for this sometime this weekend. I did her shawl last year and it was a lot of fun. It was a different type of shawl design, but very well done and one of my favorite shawls to wear.

As a distraction, I'm making a few magnetic bracelet/necklaces for E and D. Dwight brought some back from China that were so inexpensive. E and D love them, so I'm going to make more. E has requested polka dots. I'll have to get a picture of that one.

Well, I'm off. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July week.

No comments: