August 14, 2007

SOS #19 and restraint

81407cIt's another new sock. I used the same pattern and same picot edge as the last sock. For this picot edge, I knit 8 rows, did a row of yo, k2tog, and then knit 6 rows before sewing it down. That makes this edge slightly deeper than the edge on the last pair of socks. I like how this one came out. The other edge just seemed too thin to me.

This is my first time using Claudia Hand Painted yarn. I like it. It has a good twist and is springy enough. It must have a base yarn that is similar to a few of my other favorites. The colors were great. I like how they didn't pool or stripe in this sock. You can see the dye pattern, but I think that the stitch pattern still shows.

81407bDetails:
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in Peppermint Mocha
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe up using Turkish cast on, short row heel
Pattern: modified Baby Fern from More Sensational Knitted Socks
Start: August 11, 2007
Finish: August 14, 2007

I actually had some restraint today when it came to yarn. The Loopy Ewe updated last night. I saw the notice this morning, browsed around, put stuff in my cart, thought about it, and left. I really don't need to buy any sock yarn right now. I think the socks are starting to get to me. Knitting 19 pairs in a row would do that to anyone. So now, my mind has turned to lace. I've been looking at all of my lace yarns (stash and online), books, and patterns trying to figure out what I want to work on next. I did make a list of which yarns that I want to use with certain patterns. That list is getting long. Ack, must knit faster...

5 comments:

smelk-o-matic said...

I did the same thing!! I put 4 things in my cart and then left. I think that was my rationalization, too - I just don't need ANY more right now!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous socks! Great pattern too - I'll have to remember it the next time I cast on for a pair. I'm trying very hard not to buy any more sock yarn now - I have so much and really need to use it up.

Octopus Knits said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

You have more self-discipline than me!
Once again, your socks are great. I have knit several pairs from Claudia Handpainted. I'm really liking the pattern you have used. I'm wondering, what are doing to modify the Baby Fern lace pattern?

Jen said...

Love the socks, as usual! :) I'm actually working on the same pattern right now. I love your modifications. Would you be willing to share?? :)
knittingsportsmom@yahoo.com