Here they are, all 42 of them. I won the most socks contest!
I want to send a big thank you to Jessica for hosting the Summer of Socks. My blog reader was Jen. I want to send out a thank you to her too for commenting here and for her entertaining weekly summaries. It has been a lot of fun. I took me out of my sock comfort zone. Previously, I was stuck with toe-up plain stockinette socks with the occasional pattern knit out of Sensational Knitted Socks. During the SOS, I bought my first sock pattern (Thelonious), tried a different construction technique from New Pathways for Sock Knitters, and tried many different patterns from More Sensational Knitted Socks.
A few things of note:
- No, my hands aren't that sore. I'm currently knitting a sweater for my daughter--out of sock weight yarn.
- I couldn't have done it without the help of Dwight. He watched the kids so I could have uninterrupted knitting time in the evening. He even washed dishes a few nights to give me more time.
- I knit during E's homeschooling lessons, especially while she's reading aloud.
- Dwight asked how much this has cost him. I told him I couldn't remember. ;-)
- SOS did push me to knit with some of my older yarns.
- SOS got me to be more comfortable with knitting socks for others. It helps that my Mom's and sister's feet are similar in size to mine. They will be getting a lot of socks this holiday season.