I used my stitch pattern that I came up with for the Ruby Redmond Fly* Dyed socks. I changed the stitch pattern from a 7 stitch repeat to an 8 stitch repeat. Then I had to figure out how to get an 8 stitch repeat into a 72 stitch sock. It worked out when I knit with 32 stitches on one side of the loop (magic loop) and 40 stitches on the other side. On all of my other socks, there were an equal amount of stitches on either side. I've found that it doesn't really affect the sock much to have an uneven amount of stitches on either needle.
Yarn: Yarntini in Fig & Plum
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Addi Turbo
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe up with Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Pattern: my own that I call Star Flower
Start: September 19, 2007
Finish: September 20, 2007
Up next...I don't know. I do have a few things that I need/want to do.
- work on E's Halloween costume-try to figure out wings
- add more details to D's old pirate costume
- sew a new bag to carry around my sock yarns(not happy with current one)
- sew a handbag large enough to hold my camera, regular stuff, and a knitting project
- knit D the cabled vest from Not Just Socks for Kids
- play around with leftover yarn and knit a few things from Knit a Fantasy Story. By the way, this book looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to try to knit some knights or princesses from it for E and D. D would love the dragon too.
- knit some lace--possibly the Bee Stole, Inky-Dinky Spider stole, or wait for the Secret of the Stole to start
- Sometime from now, I want to knit some socks for E and D from the leftovers from all of the SOS socks.