December 5, 2007

Secret of the Stole complete

12507aIt's finished! I love how it turned out. It's so different than Chrysopolis. It was a lot of fun knitting two stoles of different styles. This stole was an easy knit for me. I like the added touch of the beads and the asymmetry. To recap, here are the details:

Yarn: 94 gms of Hengyuanxiang Knitting Wool (lace weight)
Needle: size 3 Knit Picks Classic Circular
Beads: 6/0 transparent rootbeer
Hook: size 10 (used for beads)
Final size: 19 inches wide by 90 inches long
Start: October 5, 2007
Finish: December 3, 2007

12507c 12507b


Today is D's birthday. I can't believe that he's four already. He's growing up so fast. He was so excited when he woke up this morning and found the ground covered in snow. It's still snowing now 5 hours later. We went outside before lunch and had a lot of fun playing in the really wet snow. We made a snowman and D slid down the slide covered in snow. We plan on taking him out to dinner later at the restaurant of his choice. His birthday party and cake is this Friday. He can't wait until his cake. We plan on getting a yummy dessert at dinner since he won't have the cake today.

12507gIn other knitting news, I just started the Mystic Waters shawl. I'm using Wollmeise lace that I bought during one of those crazy sneak ups at The Loopy Ewe. Man, you had to be there exactly when Sheri posted the yarn or it was gone in a flash. When I saw the Veilchen color, I knew that it would be perfect for this shawl. So far, so good. The yarn is so squishy. It does feel a bit thick for lace weight yarn, but I'm still using size 3 needles. The final size of this shawl is already huge and I don't want to use larger needles.

12507eThis was my travel knitting during Thanksgiving. Now, it's portable knitting for when we go to town. This is just a basic Sea Foam stitch pattern. I'm using Wollmeise sock yarn in Granatapfel. This yarn was just too pretty for socks. I love the deep reds and the variegation in this yarn. Right now, this scarf if about half finished, but it's not high on my priority list of knits to do.

Back to Mystic Waters....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Guinevere Stole! Absolutely beautiful!

Happy Birthday D!!

stitchin' girl said...

Your SOTS is so pretty!! and I love the color of the Mystic Waters. Lucky you to score such pretty yarn :o)

Octopus Knits said...

Your stole is beautiful, and your other projects look great! I hope D. had a great birthday (and has a wonderful party today) : )