December 14, 2007

Ugh, where's the disinfectant?

What a week it has been since my last posting. We had a great get-together/party at our house last Friday. All together, there were 6 kids between 2 and 6 years old. They managed to scatter all of the toys all over the house, but they had a lot of fun. D caught some kind of bug from one of the kids and has been sick since then, but is on the mend. Dwight caught the bug and has been sick since Monday. E has now caught the bug. I really, really hope that I'm not next.

It's been a crazy week weather wise too. We had all of that snow on D's birthday and for a few days afterwards. Then we had some warm days. Our wood stove is still going and the house was super toasty on those days. And yesterday, we got pounded with rain. There was a little flooding in town, but we're up on a hill out here.

In knitting news, I finished my Mystic Waters shawl!!! I just finished it last night. It's so pretty and waiting to be blocked. I was going to block it today. But with little ones getting sick on the floor, I don't want to risk having my shawl on the floor. Ick. I'll block it tonight when they go to bed.

I'm working on my Wollmeise sea foam scarf now. It's mindless knitting and that's probably a good project to have while taking care of the sick kiddies.

No comments: