Today was an impossible day for photos. It was either bright sunshine or really dark thunderstorms.
For the Bloomin' socks, I did what I hardly ever do. I ripped back a project after it was finished. I took out the cuff and all of the flower section. I'm very happy with how it looks now. I took away a few lines from underneath the flower. I also made the flower larger and knit several more rows for a bigger rolled cuff.
This sock is very easy to resize. The leaves and flower are on a purl back ground. It's easy to add or subtract stitches from either side to make the sock wider or narrower. This sock started with 64 stitches for the foot. Towards the heel, I added 4 additional stitches to the sole. I kept those stitches for the leg and I am very pleased with the fit of the socks. In my pattern, I wrote it for 64 stitches throughout without my added increases. These socks have a 7 inch relaxed circumference and a 10 inch stretched circumference.
Bloomin' is a free pattern that you can download from ravelry. That link should work even if you're not a member of ravelry.
To recap some details about the socks that I made:
Yarn: Opal Uni solids in a dusty rose color (65 gms used for pictured pair)
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Pattern: Bloomin' by me
Method: magic loop, 2 at once, toe-up, Turkish cast-on, short row heel, rolled cuff