June 20, 2008

Bloomin'...take one

62008cHere is sock #5 in the 52 Pair Plunge II. This is another design by me. I've wanted to do a sock that had a vine-ish look to it starting at the toe and ending with something pretty near the cuff. This is a combination of a few different stitch patterns. I took the elements that I liked and put them together. This pattern will be written up, but I've changed the charts. I want to knit it with the chart changes and take pictures of that one for the pattern.

Overall, I was happy with this pattern. I changed the flower a little bit and I definitely changed the cuff. I wanted a rolled cuff, but it didn't roll as much as I thought it would. As it is, it looks odd to me. I know that I don't want a typical ribbed cuff, but I'll deal with that when I get to that section on the next pair.

Pair #5 for the 52 Pair Plunge II
Yarn: Opal Uni solids in a dusty rose color
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Pattern: Bloomin' by me(will be written up after I make corrections)
Method: magic loop, 2 at once, toe-up, Turkish cast-on, short row heel, rolled cuff
Start: June 15, 2008
Finish: June 19, 2008

I must say that I was surprised and overwhelmed at the response to the Magic Mirror socks. They've been linked from Lime and Violet's Chum and Craftzine's blog. I've gotten a lot of hits from those two places in addition to ravelry. On ravelry, there are a few people that have started the pattern already and have posted pictures. That's exciting for me to see my pattern knit by other people. I can't wait until the finished pictures are posted!

Up next, I'm knitting with a very dark variegated yarn. Talk about a yarn being difficult to find an appropriate stitch pattern. I've searched through all of my stitch dictionaries and I think that I found one that won't compete too much with the colors.

3 comments:

D + R said...

I love everything you do....but I think you've really created something special with these socks. They are amazing! I love the pretty color and the design is beautiful! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful socks!

Monika said...

Another excellent pair of socks! :o)