January 13, 2011

Great News x2

Exciting stuff going on around here. Sheri over at The Loopy Ewe announce this year's plan for the Loopy sock club. It's changing and will be called Club Loopy. I was surprised when she announced the designers for the spring round. I'm so used to designing and then having to keep quiet about it for many months. I can't say what yarn I'm using or what color(s?) I've been assigned, but I will say that the yarn is pretty and soft. ;-) Is that vague enough?

122310a

This is the sock that I finished a while ago, but couldn't post. Allison posted about it on her blog, so I guess it's okay to talk about now. Months ago, she asked if I would design a sock for her Valentine's Day kit and if some of my recently designed socks were available. She liked Zurc, but asked for one change. I like to knit my socks toe-up and she prefers cuff down. Fortunately, Zurc was an easy design to flip.

Okay, there were two changes. I always knew Zurc would be a temporary name, but I have a hard time coming up with good names for my patterns. Allison's husband came up with Papyriform. I like it and it's so much better than the temp name. She knit it up in a great variegated/semi-solid color called Silver Plume. Check out the rest of the kit while you're there too.

The Complicated test knit is moving along smoothly. A few errors and typos have been found. One of these days, it would be cool if the test knitters found no errors. Haha! I'll most likely start up another test knit next week.

No comments: