August 16, 2006

Crankiness and crickets

Bah! I was making such good progress on the seasilk stole yesterday morning. In the afternoon, I discovered an error. I somehow missed a row and my open diamond areas didn't get narrow like they should. I tried dropping down and fixing it, but that just made things worse. I ended up tinking back around 6 rows. While tinking, I dropped a stitch and had to tink back 6 more rows. I think I lost all of the progress that I made that morning. Oh well... Things got a lot better Tuesday evening. We had the windows open and it was around 70 degrees outside. There was a very nice breeze. The crickets and other bugs were making their usual nightly sounds. I even heard what sounded like a howl(dog I hope!). It was very relaxing after all of the earlier tinking and fixing of mistakes.

I have around 9 repeats done and it's around 19 inches long so far. That is what it measures without stretching. I've stretched it a bit by hand, just to see what it looks like. I like it! Seasilk is a dream to knit with. It's so soft and so slippery. I love how it drapes off of the circular needle. This is part of it:



I chose this pattern because I wanted something open to stretch the yardage, but with closed areas to show off the colors. I did try this is garter, but that stockinette shows off the colors much better. I have a garter border going all around, but it doesn't seem like it needs it that much. I know all stockinette curls, but this isn't curling. Due to the drapiness of the silk? I don't know, but it's nice not having it try to curl up while I'm working on it.

No comments: