September 7, 2006

Frogging and costumes

Well, I frogged the Icarus that I was working on. The yarn looked really nice with the pattern, but I just didn't have the patience to do that pattern again. Those endless repeats of chart 1 were so boring. I could only stand to knit a few rows at a time and then I would move on to some other project. I really want to use that yarn, but I just need to find a more interesting pattern.

I'm working on the Lombard Street socks from Magknits in pumpkin Knitpicks Essential. It's my first time doing a picot edging and I like it. It was a bit tricky, but I like the result. I'd like to use that more often.

I'm also working on a Pirate Booty Bag. This is my first time double knitting. I'm comfortable with it and like it so far. It doesn't seem that slow, but we'll see. I've finished the row of little skulls towards the bottom of the bag. I'm using Paton's Classic Wool in That's Red and Black. I plan on carrying this while E and D are trick or treating. Their bags usually get too heavy and I end up having to throw some into my purse or another bag(if I remember to bring one).

E's mermaid costume is 100% complete. I don't plan on taking pictures of her in it until the little pirate costume is done. I bought everything that I need for D's costume, but haven't cut out anything yet. I've been busy with homeschooling and knitting. When I sew, I like to get as much done in one sitting. I plan on working on his costume a lot this weekend. Here are pictures of parts of the mermaid with the danglies attached. Those are hand sewn onto the costume. E helped pick out the novelty yarn. That yarn is supposed to make it look like water or seaweed is dripping off of the mermaid.

No comments: