October 24, 2006

Canned soup

I used to really like canned soup years and years ago. We always keep some on hand in case of power outages or whatever reason. But now that we have been experimenting with recipes and cooking a lot more, canned soup just doesn't taste that good anymore. Except when I'm sick and the kids are sick too. All of us have colds. I had some canned soup yesterday and actually liked it. Because of the cold, I haven't felt like knitting. That's really odd for me. I braved the cold temperatures and took some pictures of the socks I posted about the last time.


102406b These were made from Cherry tree hill glitz yarn. I like the sparkles. They're there, but subtle. I used the pattern called Anastasia. I liked the pattern a lot. I had to alter it a bit to adjust for my gauge, but that was easy to figure out. I did these one at a time on two size 1 knitpicks classic circulars. These were a very quick knit and I didn't get bored with the pattern at all.

102406dThese were made from Knitpicks parade yarn. This color isn't available anymore. I used the welt fantastic pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. Well, I used that pattern without the welt. I love using this pattern for self striping sock yarn. I used a size 1 knitpicks classic circular for this one too. I need to find another fun pattern for self striping yarn. I've now made this pattern three times in this type of yarn and a few more times with thinner yarn.

This is my current project. It's the Moderne Baby Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. I like the pattern, but I'm getting bored already. Remember, I said that I wanted to make two huge ones for the kids' beds? I don't think that's going to happen for two reasons. One, I would probably get bored and not finish them. Two, I have a very hard time limiting myself to a few colors. I think that I will attempt the mitered squares blanket. Back to this one in the picture...this is made out of Knitpicks shine sport. The two upper right colors are the same colors as the little sweater I posted a while ago. This blanket is going to go with that set. I wanted to throw in a few more colors, so the set wouldn't be too pink.

It's lunchtime. I think I will make soup today instead of the canned soup.

No comments: