January 23, 2007

A few pictureless fo's

I finished that Moderne Baby Blanket from Mason Dixon Knitting. Yay! It's not the same as the one in the book. Of course, I had to make a few changes to the pattern. Plus there was the problem of not having enough yarn--again. I started that blanket with the mind set that I just wanted to use up some Shine sport weight yarn. And I did! It's gone. Who is the blanket for? I don't know yet, but I'm sure it can sit around and wait for a cute baby girl.

I finished a pair of socks for myself. I also finished a pair for E and D. I got two pairs of socks out of two balls of yarn. E did complain that hers felt like they were falling off. I think that's due to the socks being made a bit big. I'm hoping that they will last until next winter. They're blue, so she can pass those down to D when the time comes. That is unless he catches up with her in size. ;-)

Now, what to knit? I guess you could say that I'm on some kind of yarn diet. I'm trying to use up the yarns that I already have. Oh, but it's soooo tempting to order some cashmere from Colourmart. I plan on treating myself to a cone(or two) after I get my stash under control. My plans are to keep knitting socks until I use up the rest of the sport weight sock yarns. I have enough yarn for 4 more pairs in that weight. We're not going to count how many socks I can make out of the sock weight yarn that I have. :-O I also want to try to use up the odds and ends that I have left over from other projects. This included weird novelty yarns--fuzzy, furry, shiny, ribbon, etc. I don't wear anything with those yarns, but E loves them. E will get a lot of dress up shawls and scarves out of that. I probably have enough to make a few to give away to friends too.

I still haven't sewn the dress up clothes yet. It's just difficult to lay out fabric, cut out patterns, and cut out the fabric with E and D running around. I would do it at night when they're asleep, but I'm usually tired by then. I just want to sit and knit instead of crawl all over the floor cutting out fabric. I do need to start working on that soon if it's going to get finished on time.

No comments: