April 3, 2007

Knitting as a temporary allergy cure?

I don't know what it is, but it's probably something inside my head. Sometimes when I'm knitting, all of the sniffles and sneezes go away. Hmmm, that sounds like a good excuse to knit more. I have been knitting. I'm knitting away on the cable down raglan. I'm on the second sleeve and almost finished. Why are there no pictures, then? That's because it's ugly. Not the pattern or the yarn, but the combination of the two. This colourmart yarn is oiled and must be knit looser than normal. After knitting, it gets a nice bubble bath with hot soapy water. If I'm feeling really brave, it gets thrown into the dryer to fluff it up again. I doubt I will be that brave. We'll see if it's good enough for pictures after all of that. Right now, it's a blob looking thing that's loosely knit.

Of course, I'm thinking about what's next. I want to knit lace again. Sweaters are great, but I find lace so much more fun. I don't have anything planned yet, but I'm looking. I've seen a few patterns that caught my interest. I want to sew more. I need to tackle those purses and get that pattern straightened out. I want to make more dresses for E. I want to make something for D, but what? It's hard finding interesting things to sew for little boys. He definitely doesn't need a toy, but clothing patterns for boys are hard to find.

And then there's other stuff going on too. I spent a few hours yesterday scraping paint off of our back deck with a wire brush. I'm getting ready to paint it again. BUT, we have cold temperatures coming for the next few days and through the weekend. I guess painting is out for a while. At least the deck will be ready when it warms up again. I started some garden seeds indoors and they're doing pretty well considering it was me that planted them. I'm usually terrible at growing plants. Dwight and I just decided to tackle the kitchen floor. It's ugly, peeling, and needs to be replaced. I think we've decided to go with some kind of wood laminate flooring. I initially wanted tile, but Dwight thinks the wood will look better. We've been talking about it for years and at this point, I don't care what we use. It just needs to get done. So many projects to do....

No comments: