May 23, 2007

Not socks

51807bI'm still here. I've been doing some other knitting. I knit up two Fetching wristwarmers for The Loopy Ewe's quarterly challenge. I want to knit a few more things before sending those off.

First up, I made a Monica top for E. This was knit with some leftover Knitpicks shine sport. For a cotton, I really like this yarn. It's not hard on my hands and it does have a shine to it. E likes the yarn because it's soft and the pattern because of the ruffle. I did change the pattern to knit in the round. I knit the violet section in the round and did two rows at the top with the green apple yarn. I did this because I didn't want the violet peeking through when I joined the ruffle. I also knit the ruffle in the round.

Details:
Pattern: Monica (from Knitty.com)
Yarn: Knitpicks Shine Sport in Violet (2) and Green Apple (1.5)
Needles: size 5 Knitpicks options
Changes: knit both parts in the round and then joined
Start: May 15, 2007
Finish: May 16, 2007

51807aNext, I tried the kidlet tank. I knit the largest size, but only made the body 10.5 inches long. That did turn out a bit too long for E, but at least her tummy doesn't show when she stretches. I used up various leftovers of Knitpicks shine sport. E likes all of the random stripes. I liked this pattern and I like the shape of this tank. I would definitely knit this one again, but not with all of those stripes (and ends-ugh!).

Details:
Pattern: Kidlet Tank
Yarn: leftover Knitpicks Shine Sport in violet, blush, orchid, crocus, and green apple
Needles: size 5 Knitpicks Options
Changes: knit largest size and made body 10.5 inches before starting decreases
Start: May 17, 2007
Finish: May 18, 2007

No comments: