May 26, 2007

It's getting hot, so let's get ice cream!

52507eWell not real ice cream, but Ice Cream Sundae from Stone Fiber Barn looks yummy. Here is my latest sock. There was another sock that was started and frogged, but we'll not talk about that one. This one was fun to knit. The yarn is very squishy and stretchy. I thought that the sock might turn out too big, but it's perfect. It's too bad that 80+ degree days are here. I'll have to stash these socks for next fall. I fell back to the Stansfield 304 pattern again that was last seen in my Perchance to Knit socks. I still like this pattern. It's easy to memorize, not boring to do, and makes a cool zig-zag pattern with somewhat stripey yarn.

52507a 52507b 52507c


Details:
Yarn: Stone Barn Fibers in Ice Cream Sundae bought from The Loopy Ewe
Needles: size 0 Knitpicks classic circulars
Pattern: Stansfield 304 on pg. 101 in More Sensational Knitted Socks
Method: toe-up with Turkish cast-on and a short row heel
Start: May 19, 2007
Finish: May 24, 2007

Up next is another pair of socks for me. I've been knitting socks for a while and have a lot of pairs, but I'm just now getting more confident in making socks for other people. My sister has been a guinea pig for a while and I think that I might be ready to branch out to the rest of the family. Now everyone--don't start making requests. I still have a long to-do list. ;-) Now, it's time for some kid pictures. On the left is what I get when playing kids get asked to "let mommy take a picture."

And this is what E looks like when she cooperates with the camera. :-D I know her hair is a mess, but I like it in this picture. She has such beautiful hair, but what a pain it is to tame. So, I just let it be wild...kind of like E.



This is what D looks like when asked to smile for the camera. He's in the every smile must be a cheesy smile phase. I have so many pictures of E doing that same smile. This was taken a few days ago when we made some chocolate chip cookies. Can you tell how much he liked them?

No comments: