May 8, 2007

Sea Wool Renaissance socks

5807dThey're done! The color on the left sock never darkened to what the right sock is. Oh well. It's not that noticeable in photos, but it's very obvious when you're looking at them in person. I even checked with Dwight to make sure it wasn't just my eyes. I still like the feel of these socks. I just wish the color didn't have to be off like that. I debated with myself whether or not to voice my disappointment. I did and Kathryn at Fleece Artist is sending me another hank. Sheri at The Loopy Ewe even offered a replacement hank. The customer service that I received was excellent from both Kathryn and Sheri. I will continue to buy Fleece Artist's yarns. Out of the other three hanks of yarn, all of their colors stayed consistent throughout the hank.

5807b 5807a 5807c

The pattern that I used is the crosshatch lace pattern on page 90 of More Sensational Knitted Socks. It took me three tries to get this right. This lace pattern is very stretchy. I started with 72 stiches around, dropped to 64(with modification), and then finally dropped to 60. I could have dropped even more if I wanted snug socks. These socks aren't completely snug, but they do fit.

Details:
Yarn: Sea Wool in Renaissance color
Needles: size 1 Knitpicks classic circulars
Pattern: Crosshatch Lace pattern on p. 90 of More Sensational Knitted Socks
Method: toe-up using Turkish cast-on and a short row heel
Start: May 5, 2007
Finish: May 7, 2007

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the color difference, they still look beautiful. You know... I think someone on Knitty is trying to start a trend of wearing two different socks. Especially if you have a whole bunch of pretty knitted socks... there's no reason not to show off two masterpieces at the same time!

Brenda said...

They look beatiful! Glad to know about that stitch pattern being so stretchy.

dobarah said...

These are beautiful socks...very Renaissance!