June 19, 2007

Luna Moth Shawl and more socks

61907m

I finally got around to taking better photos of the Luna Moth Shawl. I've worn this one a few times, so it's not completely straight anymore. I tend to wear a lot of black shirts and this shawl is perfect to wear over them. It's shape is more narrow than my other triangular shawls, but I ended up liking it. I tried blocking it into a more even triangle, but the lace pattern just didn't want to stretch that way. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill's Cascade Lace in Foxy Lady. The pattern is a free one from elann. It was a easy to knit and easy to make larger. The pattern uses a thicker weight yarn with larger needles. I wanted a summer shawl, so I used lace weight yarn and much smaller needles. I adjusted the pattern by knitting chart 2 until I was thought it was large enough. The pattern calls for knitting chart 2 three times, but I knit it 9 times.

61907n 61907o

Details:
Pattern: Luna Moth Shawl from elann
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Cascade Lace in Foxy Lady
Needles: size 3 Knit Picks classic circulars
Changes: I did 9 repeats of chart 2
Finished size: 78 inches across the top from tip to tip and 42.5 inches from the neck down
Started: April 13, 2007
Finished: April 24, 2007

61907b61907c We went on a short camping trip for Father's Day weekend. This is what I finished right before we left. The camping trip was a lot of fun, but wool socks were definitely needed when the temperatures dropped to the lower 50's at night. Brrrrrrr. I started on another pair of socks during the trip. This one is out of Yarn Pirate sock yarn in the Primrose color. I'm doing another pattern out of More Sensational Knitted Socks. It's hard to see the patterning now, but it looks good once it's on a foot.

I've been playing around and organizing my stuff on Ravelry. It's pretty cool how it helps to organize all of your projects, yarn, projects to be, etc. It's also easy to see what others are working on too. Man, does it seem to suck a lot of time trying to set everything up. It's worth it though. It's still in beta, but should be very cool once it's live for everyone. It has definitely gotten me motivated to keeping track of what I'm working on and keeping up to date with pictures.

No comments: