September 6, 2007

SOS #27 and #28

Two more gift socks and some beautiful yarn...

9507a 9607a

Summer of socks is in the final stretch. There are still so many patterns that I want to make, yarns that I want to try, and gifts that I need to make. I told myself that I would take a break from socks after it was all over, but we'll see.

These two are more gift socks. The gray is for my sister--big surprise! They should definitely fit her color criteria. Let me just say again that it is so nice to have relatives with feet that are very close in size to my own. My sister's feet are about the same as mine, but a bit wider. That's okay when I make socks because she likes her socks to be very snug. The socks on the right are another pair for my Mom. She likes short socks. The ones that I've made for her are about the limit in height as to what she likes. Plus, there really isn't a big need for long wool socks in Texas. ;-)

Details for the gray sock:
Yarn: Regia Patch Antik #5752
Needle: size 0 (2mm) Addi Turbo
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe up with Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Pattern: plain stockinette
Start: September 4, 2007
Finish: September 5, 2007

Details for the short socks:
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in Peacock and Tropical Storm leftovers
Needle: size 1 (2.5mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, two at once, toe-up, short row heel
Pattern: plain stockinette
Start and Finish: September 5, 2007

I received a wonderful surprise in the mail this week. Susie, the one that dyes the Perchance to Knit yarn, contacted me last week and asked for my address. She wanted to send me some yarn. Why? Because I knit pretty socks with her pretty yarns. I think that it is her yarns that inspire me to make those socks. So, we could go round and round with the praises. :-) When I got the package, there were two hanks of yarn! She read what I wrote about the merino/nylon blend and wanted me to give this one a try. Thank you so much Susie! Here are the pretty skeins that she sent. That's Fleur on the left and Bright Columbine on the right. Those bumps on the yarn are the stitch markers that she includes with each skein. I have quite a collection of those now.

9507d 9507c

Up next, I'm knitting a pair of socks for me! Yes, again. I'm using some Lime & Violet yarn and a pattern out of Sensational Knitted Socks that I've been wanting to knit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you got some free wool. You so deserve it. You're like the Ambassador of Sock Knitting. You should take your socks on a trunk show tour. :)

It's so funny that your sister likes gray, and you like all the vivid colors.

smelk-o-matic said...

Lucky you! Gorgeous yarns!! I've yet to score any Perchance to Knit and hope to come across my chance soon.

Smiles,
Erin