September 18, 2007

SOS #39 and #40...Is the end near?

91707c 91807c

Summer of Socks is over on Friday. Can the week pass any slower? I'm really ready to move onto something else. At this rate, I might not knit for a while. ;-) I'm in a bag mood and I have a few bag designs floating around in my head. I should probably get those down on paper before I forget them.

Anyways, here are the next two socks. The left is UrbanGypZ twisted sock yarn in the Koi Vey color. I love the color. I used a pattern that I made up. A written sock pattern or at least a chart for the stitch pattern will be up on my blog later---sometime after SOS is over. This yarn is very soft and really nice, but not superwash. Because of that, I'll probably not buy it again unless I had a non-sock project in mind for it.

The socks on the right are Fiesta Boomerang in Sedona. I initially bought this yarn for Dwight. After he wasn't completely happy with the last few socks that I knit for him, I took this yarn for myself. Boomerang is the most springy, squishy, sponge like yarn that I've felt. Dwight can stick with his Smartwool socks and I can keep the yummy yarns for myself.

91707d 91807b

Details for the UrbanGypZ Koi Vey socks:
Yarn: Urban GypZ twisted sock yarn in Koi Vey!
Needle: size 1 (2.5mm) Addi Turbo
Method: magic loop, 2 at once, toe-up with Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Pattern: my own
Start: September 16, 2007
Finish: September 17, 2007

Details for the Boomerang Sedona socks:
Yarn: Fiesta Boomerang in Sedona
Needle: size 2 (2.75mm) Knit Picks Classic Circular
Method: magic loop, 2 at once, toe-up, Turkish cast-on, short row heel
Pattern: Cross Stitch Block (p. 97) in More Sensational Knitted Socks
Start: September 17, 2007
Finish: September 18, 2007

Up next, I'm knitting with a yarn that's 80% merino and 20% cashmere. It's soooo soft compared to any of the sock yarns that I've been using. It's also very slippery on the Knit Picks metal needles that I'm using.

2 comments:

smelk-o-matic said...

Seriously, you are SO fast!!! It's been taking me no less than 2 weeks to finish a pair lately.

Let's just say I am jealous!!

Octopus Knits said...

I'd say after Friday you owe it to yourself to do whatever you feel like (bags!). I can't believe you've made 40 pairs and are working on another!!!

Definitely keep the cool yarn for yourself - if Dwight can't appreciate it, it's his loss and your gain : )